About MedCharity (Advocates for World Health)
- Advocates for World Health, Inc. (AWH) is a 501(c)3 public charity under the IRS. Donations to the organization are tax deductible.
- AWH is founded in 2009 by Ryan Kania, and David Roebuck, while a student at University of South Florida in Tampa.
- Mission Statement: Provide medical products to clinics and hospitals worldwide.
AWH achieves this by reallocating medical product to organizations that provide health care services to underserved populations in the developing world. By redirecting usable medical supplies to foreign health care providers and preventing viable equipment from entering the waste stream, AWH lowers the overhead costs of hospitals and relief agencies, strengthens the health care delivery system, and promotes eco-friendly practices.
- Motto: “Recover. Redistribute. Save Lives.”
- Savings for international partners, on average, are 95% over retail pricing. For example, a 40 ft. container would average a $10,000 processing fee for AWH and the medical product received would average over $100,000
- AWH works with International NGOs to fund most shipments, but is looking for ways to engage corporations, medical device partners and individual donors to subsidize containers and ship product more quickly.
- In 2012, Josh Miller enters and begins standardizing warehousing.
- Within 3 years and by 2015, AWH scales from less than 10 local product donors to over 250 product donors nationwide
- In 2018, MedCharity name is adopted and on average, over 50 containers are sent to over 25 countries worldwide.