- Advocates for World Health Inc, a 501(c)3 public charity, is founded in 2009 by Ryan Kania and David Roebuck in Weeki Wachee, FL. David Roebuck recruits Oak Hill Hospital as first donor for AWH. In 2010, Ryan Kania becomes CEO, Jordan Markel becomes COO. Together, they found the modern business model for AWH.
- Mission Statement: Provide medical products to clinics and hospitals worldwide.
AWH achieves this by reallocating medical product to organizations that provide health care services to underserved populations in the developing world. By redirecting usable medical supplies to foreign health care providers and preventing viable equipment from entering the waste stream, AWH lowers the overhead costs of hospitals and relief agencies, strengthens the health care delivery system, and promotes eco-friendly practices.
- Motto: “Recover. Redistribute. Save Lives.”
- In 2012, Josh Miller enters and begins standardizing operations. Jordan Markel expands product donor base throughout Florida.
- Under Ryan Kania’s leadership, AWH scales from less than 50 local product donors to over 500 product donors nationwide within 5 years.
- In 2018, MedCharity dba name is adopted and AWH’s logo is updated. On average, over 50 containers are sent to over 25 countries worldwide each year.